Sunday, October 23, 2005

something to do

I have something to do
Though I don’t want to do it
Because it won’t be easy
Rewarding -- if I can only get it done,
Which I will
because others are depening on me

the guilt of not doing it
weighs heavily
stoops me
keeps me from sleeping

i lie awake, staring at the blank ceiling,
Looking at the bookcase of unread books
Full of ideas and visions, dreams, illusions
Reality blunders -- poetry

Books that someone maybe didn’t want to write
Or felt they couldn’t
but did
The evidence of their accomplishment
There, in those words –

freed from the soul of the author
now trapped on the unread pages
sitting on the darkened shelf
suspended in an inky purgatory

waiting for the reader:
"lift us from these pages
so that we may be free again
in a different world
than the one that spawned us"

Copyright 2005 E. Bond Francisco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home