Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Corner of the Arbor - Really

Early morning
At the computer keyboard
Sunlight streams through the window
Must write -- something...

I think about the Guardian exercise sent out last week
-- Paint a picture with words --
I start with a quick glance.

I'm not sitting in the moonlight
Or under the arbor
There are no stars
No spider
No web

They exist only in my mind's eye
Though I can see an arbor from my paradisical
writing spot by the window

I picture the scene
like an old blockprint/lithograph
that might have illustrated "Ivanhoe"
Or "Treasure Island" in the late 1800s

I don't use the word "WEB" - spider's "WEB" -
too cliche-ish, over-used symbology
"yadah yadah ... spider's web ... yadah yadah yadah"
I use TRAP instead
to describe the spider's labors
and finally

peace! No tricks, no traps -- peace . . .

Copyright 2005 E. Bond Francisco

[with thanks to Alison!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home