Saturday, July 30, 2005

My Shoes (without Adjectives)

My Shoes without Adjectives
(4/30/05)

My shoes wear the color of the darkest shadow on the brightest day
The left one leans inward slightly,
A half-inch less on one side than the other
The heel worn away in support of my twisted gait
The right leans inward slightly also,
The gait less twisted there

My shoes have a soul
Their many years of service ignored, mostly
Yet they greet me daily with pleasant anticipation, tongues wagging
They are my only shoes
Imagine, one pair of shoes, all those years.

My shoes move almost as by themselves, should I forget the way
They can, on their own, I suspect, bring me home.
I stare at them frequently, reassuring myself of their steady pace
On rare occasions the trials of the journey cause them to become undone
Yet they recover easily, my shoes, without prozac or much encouragement.

COPYRIGHT 2005 E. Bond Francisco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home