Thursday, May 05, 2011

ebf

i am edwin bond francisco, jr i stand at the stone marking the final resting place of dr. edwin bond, born before the civil war departed nineteen twenty four my father, his namesake, stood beside me and my sister and my brother on pause drifting in thought. below, the city streets, the buses, the cars, the teeming masses Edwin Bond Francisco, named after the doctor that delivered him, and he being "ed", and me being "bond" so as not to confuse us though the differences seemed obvious, I explain my existence to every stranger I meet my father tells us the story of his mother, our gracious grandma Ma, discovering she was pregnant, telling him how she used to bounce up and down on the wagon seat because she couldn't bear the thought of having another child and so we stood - touched by the breeze and the silence of being ------------------ e bond francisco, jr Copyright 2011.05.04

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home