Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Cancer

I know very little about cancer
I've known someone who knows someone with cancer.
Today I Know someone who has cancer
Diagnosed not 4 months ago with cancer.
My friend, I've known him for 12 years, has the cancer.
It's all through him, the cancer.
He doesn't eat, and is hooked to a tube to fight the cancer.
He has given up, and it looks like it's won, the cancer
We're not sure he knows his wife's name, because of this cancer.
The big words that describe the cancer
Can not be understood by his mind, affected as it is by the cancer.
Those of us who know and love him, we hate the cancer.
There will be a hole in our lives, eaten away by the cancer,
And the beauty of his soul will be all that remains
For those of us left behind by the cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home